Report a Compliment / Complaint
1. If you wish to make a complaint about the
actions of an employee or about any aspect of law-enforcement
Come to the Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office, 17110 Monument Circle, Isle of Wight, VA 23397, and tell any employee that you want to make a complaint; or
Call the Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office @ (757) 357-2151 and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint; or
Write to: Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office, 17110 Monument Circle, Isle of Wight, VA 23397 and request that a complaint form be mailed to you. You must complete the form and either deliver it to the Sheriff’s Office or mail it back to the address listed immediately above.
2. If requested, a supervisor will assist you in filling out a complaint form. This form requires you to identify yourself and then to gives specific details about your complaint.
3. Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.
4. Complaints will be investigated in a timely manner.
5. When your complaint has been investigated, the Sheriff or his designee will review the investigation and will make appropriate contact to explain what has been determined.
ANYONE DETERMINED TO HAVE FILLED A FALSE REPORT MAY BE CRIMINALLY CHARGED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW OR FOUND LIABLE FOR CIVIL DAMAGES.