Line and Crime Solvers programs exist internationally with high success
rates. Since 1982, Crime Line in Hampton Roads has recovered more than
$27 million in stolen property and illegal drugs. Its success can be
further measured by the fact that 97% of those arrested through Crime
Line tips are convicted.
Crime Line is NOT a police program. Crime Line and Crime Solvers are
funded entirely by private donations from concerned citizens and
businesses. Volunteer citizen boards administer the program, raise funds
and approve and pay rewards to "tipsters."
Crime Line Goals
The primary goal of all Crime Line projects is to generate calls from citizens to ultimately solve crimes. The end result is a safer community. Crime Line is a formula that works, but not if we are unable to deliver that message and pay the rewards. For almost three decades, the public has come to trust Crime Line, as proven by the hundreds of tips that come into its regional phone bank (1-888-LOCK-U-UP) every month.
Can I report an emergency to the crimeline?
- If there is an EMERGENCY CALL 9-1-1
When should I call the crimeline?
- If you have knowledge of a crime that has or will be committed and wish to remain anonymous.
- If you have Information on the location of a wanted person in the county of Isle of Wight.
Do all crimeline calls remain anoymous?
- Calls to Crimeline are received at the Isle of Wight Sheriff's Office main dispatch center on an independent line that has no caller ID or recording features. The caller my leave contact information if they choose to.
What information should I provide to Crimeline?
- The type of crime, description of the suspect(s) and vehicle(s), location and time of the offense, and any details about the crime itself are helpful in the investigative process.
Can I contact crimeline via the internet?
- At this time all crimeline tips can only be given via a phone call.